1. Where are you looking to anticipate change?
- I will continue my graduate work in OD and Change Leadership
- I have started a Grand Rounds leadership group with three OD colleagues outside of my workplace. We have agreed to meet once a month and have an open and sharing dialogue about the work we are each engaged in, what we see coming and how we can help each other
- I will continue to attend the monthly MNODN meetings and network to develop more contacts and relationships
2. What is the diversity measure of your network?
- Low. I can expand it initially by developing more connections with the business leaders I work with vs. just focusing on HR relationships.
- I have a diverse network available to me through some of the outside organizations I belong to and I will focus on engaging with those networks as well
3. A practice to abandon
- A practice I want to abandon is to being a people pleaser. I have had the word "self-authoring" written on my white board at work for most of this semester and it has had a great impact on me. When I find myself reacting to what others do or what my company views as success I stop and focus on what it means to be self-authoring and I am able to reframe the situation and let go of the behaviors that have not served me well.
These focuses will have a positive and lasting impact on my career and my personal development and they will be the focus of my energy going forward.
Cindy,
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you enough how much I appreciated your group sharing this TED talk. I wanted to let you know that I had the opportunity to show this to a group of leaders at the organization I work for. I specifically wanted them to ponder the three questions she asked. We are going through major change right now and I felt the three questions were perfect during a time like this. The leaders were extremely impressed with the TED talk as well and we've now had several conversations regarding the questions. I'll carry these questions with me for the rest of my life.
Thank You so much again!